Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Wondrous Journey

Not a care as sin consumed me.
Not a care as I stood bound.
Wretched, lost, condemned, and guilty.
When thorough grace by Christ was found.
Then  His light pierced through the darkness,
From sins chains I'm finally free!
Blest, forgiven, marching upward,
Wondrous grace has rescued me!

Praying daily faith grows stronger,
With His Word I cannot fall.
Time grows short, Oh how much longer,
Till we hear archangel's call?
Will you be among that number,
Who will meet Him in the air?
Blessed thought when comes life's troubles,
Where He is I'll soon be there.

If the sun should cease its shining,
If the stars fall from the sky,
If the oceans dry to nothing,
If the winds should fail and die,
Still my faith will never waver,
and my love will not grow cold!
How can I turn from my Savior,
Who has promised streets of gold?

As the years keep multiplying,
As smooth flesh begins to line,
as old mem'ries fade in darkness,
head on pillow one last time.
Still my thoughts will soar to heaven,
Wondrous treasure for me stored!
As the angel's come to greet me,
Final thought, "O, thank you, Lord!"

No comments:

Post a Comment