Thursday, August 2, 2012

Longing For Home

Just faintly I hear the joyful cry,
Of saved one's gone home no more to die.
Just faintly my eyes have strength to see,
A world of no pain all sorrow free.

With scarce the mind to fathom such thoughts,
And soul frequent stained by sins dark blots,
In wonder I thrill and know tis true,
That faith in Your Son will see me through.

Let heavenly glory fill my soul,
Walking streets of gold my only goal.
With awakened eyes make me to see,
The river, the throne, the wondrous tree.

No man can travel this path alone,
Even with a faith mature and grown.
Without a scarred hand clasping my own,
My steps will falter and lips will groan.

I hope for heaven with all my might.
My heart yearns to dwell where is no night.
With longing near too intense to bear,
I scarce can wait to worship You there!

No comments:

Post a Comment