Tuesday, August 21, 2012

A Morning Prayer

Father, help my love for brethren grow with each new day.
Let that love reflect and shine in every word I say.
Grant that I might serve a need as I become aware,
Of a dear saint stumbling under a load they need to share.

Father, increase my willingness to hear disagreement or complaint.
Grant me now the humility to accept correction from a saint.
Remove pride and arrogance from deep in my heart within.
Never let me be wise to self for that would be a sin.

Father, increase my awareness of those laboring with me in the Lord.
Let us grow and be joined as one through the hope your grace affords.
A son of encouragement I would be so please help me in that quest,
To lift a brother up from the muck, help a sister to find rest.

Father, faithful to Your Word is my longing in this life.
Help me within my home to lead my children and my wife.
Never let me falter from clinging fast unto Your will,
But holding firm with both hands in times of turbulence and still.

Father, forgive the mistakes that I have made and likely will again.
Help me to consider what I am now in light of what I've been.
Let gratitude grip my heart and loyalty my ways,
And let my name be "Reliable" all throughout my days.

My very soul belongs to You, my salvation in Your grasp.
So plant my feet by streams of joy, enduring to the last.
My thoughts rise above the earth and to the heaven's soar,
For I cannot wait to see what my dear Father has in store!

No comments:

Post a Comment