Monday, August 20, 2012

I'll Not Wilt!

Another month, another failure.
Perfection is so elusive!
Another month besieged by error.
Temptation is so intrusive!

And so cracked and flawed I journey on,
Not as strong as I'd like to be.
Morning to night and then back to dawn,
Sin crouches close to prey on me.

And yet despite my imperfection,
I never fear that all is lost.
As I tarry now in reflection,
I contemplate salvation's cost.

With renewed focus on my Savior,
A certain truth comes to my mind.
Clear improvement in my behavior,
His example my heart refines.

Oh yes, I still stumble now and then,
Though far less than before.
And whenever I feel my will bend,
I know to find the escape door.

Recalling success empowers me,
Strengthens for the imminent tilt.
Faith founded resolution is key,
When sins knocks again, I'll not wilt!

No comments:

Post a Comment