Saturday, July 21, 2012

Let Me See Myself In Heaven

Let me see myself in heaven,
To help govern my steps below.
Let me see streets of burnished gold,
When the enemy's darts are thrown.

Let me hear angel's shout "Holy!"
To drown the sound of this world's noise.
Let me breathe the hope of glory,
So I may face this life with poise.

Let me feel the hand of Jesus,
Clasping firm to my very own.
Let me hear His words of comfort,
In everything I've reaped and sown.

Let the voice of saved one's singing,
Fill every dream at evening's sleep.
Let their melody uplift me,
When life's highway become so steep.

Let the light that is the Father,
Pierce the darkness of here and now.
Let the lamp that is my Savior,
Illuminate me as I bow.

Let the throne of gleaming jasper,
Compel my eyes of faith to sight.
Let the gates eternal opened,
Present my trembling heart new might.

Let the river's healing waters,
Beckon me forward as I roam.
Let the glories of heaven smile,
And welcome this grateful saint home.

No comments:

Post a Comment