Thursday, July 26, 2012

I'd Rather Please God

You may not like the positions I take.
You may call me an intolerant snake.
You may bemoan my heart bereft of love.
You may call fire upon me from above.

You may slap my face and spit at my feet.
You may scream and yell and demand retreat.
You may twist my words and motives impugn.
You may lash me with a verbal typhoon.

You may unleash a fury seldom seen.
You may rip and tear and pick my bones clean.
You may make me weep and tremble inside.
You may make me wish for a place to hide.

But you must know this now and mark it well.
Before you attack there's something I must tell.
What God called wicked will never be good.
And my feet must stand where my Lord's have stood.

If He did not care, He'd never have spoke.
Can't you see His love in every pen stroke?
Must you go on attacking each of them,
Who in faith do nothing but speak for Him?

My God has commanded I call sin, sin.
I've done it before, I'll do it again.
You may threaten whip and a beating rod.
But you must know this: I'd rather please God.

No comments:

Post a Comment