Thursday, July 4, 2013

A Psalm Of Adoration

O God, my heart soars as I ponder You.
In the stillness of the night my soul longs for You.
May every intention of my heart be pure in Your eyes,
And every word that I speak pleasing to Your ears.
O my God, if I had not You where could I turn?
You fill my life with joy and blessing,
And my words of thanks can never satisfy the debt I owe.
Would that Your Son return now, my Father!
All my bones tremble in anticipation,
And the glories of heaven spark my longing.
How may one as unworthy as I claim Your love?
O thank You, Father, for the gift of Your Son!
What more can I say of You, my God?
What greater praise might I offer?
Behold, all that I am lay at Your feet.
All that I will one day be is due to You!
Your grace and mercy overwhelms me.
Your patience is a boon to my soul.
O Father, You will forever be my God!

No comments:

Post a Comment