Monday, June 10, 2013

Willing Clay

I call upon the earth and sky,
Whose grandeur fills my wondering eye.
Bear witness now and hear my claim,
As I speak of He who stays the same.

You oceans deep, now hear my voice,
Consider my words and rejoice.
O mighty winds, shy not away,
For you must hear my words this day.

Let all the earth now gather to me.
Come in haste for you must see!
Do not speak, only lend an ear,
And consider now the words you hear.

Jesus Christ is the Lamb of God,
And upon this earth His steps have trod.
He shed His blood though He knew no blame,
To save my soul from a burning flame.

Now I stand aware of my sins,
Shame and joy warring within.
Who am I that He shed His blood,
Upon that hill of clay and mud?

I praise Him now as best I can,
Though how unsuitable the words of man!
I'm at His side and there I'll stay.
So mold now, Potter, Your willing clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment