Thursday, October 4, 2012

Through A Dark Night



With trembling heart I call,
But do You hear at all?
And don’t You know my fears,
My sorrows and my tears?

Won’t You answer my prayer,
Or don’t You really care?
Do words spoken with sigh,
Just dissipate and die?

You told me to draw near,
And that I’m cherished dear.
You said You’d see me through,
To cast my cares on You.

Why does it sometimes seem,
I’m alone on this team?
Why feel I in my prayer,
You’d rather I not share?

A broken heart is hard,
For king, scholar, or bard.
But the pain reaches bone,
When suffering alone.

But am I without aid,
And must I be afraid?
Now can’t I at the last,
Count blessings from the past?
 
Shall I abandon trust,
To wallow in the dust?
Shall I retreat and hide,
As though I thought You’d lied?

Though in sin oft I’ve drowned,
You’ve never let me down.
My loyalty has waned,
But Yours is never feigned.

Back to my feet I climb,
For You act in Your time.
Rising up from the floor,
I’m stronger than before.

Confident in Your might,
I know You do what’s right.
Who does what You can do?
I’ll gladly wait for You!

No comments:

Post a Comment